Could you join the Whitehill team?
We're looking for a bookkeeper with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our team of bookkeepers and accounting technicians providing support to a number of small businesses across the area. Ideally, you’ll have AAT3/4 and be familiar with Quickbooks Online as well. This job will give you the opportunity to work flexible hours to suit, and to support and manage your own clients within our portfolio. You'll be using the latest cloud accounting software and will be flexible in ensuring the client gets the most professional and helpful support.
To deliver and oversee delivery of high quality bookkeeping, management reporting and customer services across Whitehill's clients and prospective clients
Duties and responsibilities
- Entering payments and invoices into industry-specific IT and sending requests for payment
- Liaising with customers and suppliers by email and telephone to ensure prompt payment of invoices, and dealing with general enquiries
- Entering data and generating reports using IT systems for business monitoring and operation purposes
- Bookkeeping and other services to clients
- Responding to correspondence and enquiries from potential and actual clients, suppliers, and other staff.
- Dealing with all customer contact confidently, effectively and courteously.
- Contributing to marketing the services we offer.
- Participating in business development as part of the team, and to work within the team, providing and receiving cover as necessary.
To act in accordance with, and reinforce the culture embedded in “our promise to clients”;
- Always being friendly and helpful
- Always acting in a professional manner
- Being open, honest and transparent
- Delivering in a timely and efficient manner
- Being focused on client business growth
- Providing ongoing support
- Asking for feedback
Job Type: Part-time, 20h/week initially
Salary: £11.50 to £12.50 /hour (equivalent to £23,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year full time)
Interested? Get in touch.